Friday, November 9, 2012

Applied Research

After blogging for the first academic quarter I am now approaching my second quarter "applied research". Which is pretty exciting because now I can apply everything I have concluded through my posts to the real world. There are a lot of different types of research methods but I was thinking I would mostly value survey research and/or naturalistic observation. Between everything that I have written on my blog I think a big focus was the part that gender roles play in childhood socialization. So I plan on surveying the children I know, boys and girls with age varying, about how gender roles effect them. Of course they do not really know what gender roles are so I plan on being discrete about the object of my study. It will be interesting to see if they respond to the questions how I predicted.

*( Note: This applied research plan is incomplete but its just a starting ground!)

No comments:

Post a Comment